Halloween Jewellery Guide
Halloween Jewellery Guide
Halloween is coming and it's time to get ready for this 'spooky' night. Everyone knows you need an outfit, good make-up and... of course, jewellery. At first sight, they can seem, that they aren't necessary at all. After all, you'll probably be wearing a cute bright outfit and no less eye-catching makeup. But that's not the case. Without good jewellery, the outfit will be incomplete. In addition, such jewellery can make a great gift for friends, a baby or a loved one. FJewellery offers a huge collection of these pieces that you're sure to love!
Halloween is not a modern holiday, although many people think otherwise. It dates back a long time, even before the proclamation of All Saints' Day. It traces its roots back to the ancient Celtic holiday of Samhain, which was celebrated on November 1. The evening before was considered a window through which the souls of the dead would enter our world. To ward off evil spirits, bonfires were lit and costumes were worn. It was only later that Pope Gregory III moved All Saints' Day to November 1st.
Centuries later, the feast has taken on a new tradition. Immigrants from Ireland and Scotland first started handing out treats for poems, stories or songs. Just 30-40 years later, Halloween has become one of the most beloved holidays in the United States. Today, the day is celebrated in many countries. Of course, it has become more social. Big parties, corporate parties and simple family get-togethers on the day have become welcome and customary. And not just for kids. It is now a very popular day among teens and adults alike.
There are several things you need to know to choose the perfect piece of jewellery for this holiday:
- Match your outfit. Halloween-style chains or pendants will work for most looks. But they need to complement your look.
- It is not enough to wear a necklace or pendant. It has to have a traditional symbolism for the occasion.
A huge range for every style
Let's first sort out what decorations can be considered themed for the day. Below you'll find plenty of ideas for this holiday. They can be small and large chains, pendants, earrings, bracelets and other jewellery containing symbols of the day:
- Gothic symbolism. These jewellery designs are very close in spirit and would go well with any Halloween outfit. You can find jewellery with this design in new collections or look for a suitable option in vintage jewellery. You could have pendants, necklaces, rings and of course lots of chains in different styles. Of course pendants and pendants with a pentagram, skulls, bone imitation fragments etc. are also suitable
- Jewellery in animalistic style. Do you love animals? This is your day. You can wear a decoration like this not just for this holiday. Bats, mice, snakes, cats, wolves and, of course, spiders are appropriate. The latter is definitely a favourite amongst the looks. They can be in the form of a pendant, ring or earrings. In this case, the main thing is not to overdo it. Choose the best suitable pair for yourself.
- The use of natural materials. Wooden crosses inlaid with cross-shaped stones, unique black diamonds, leather elements and other materials - everything is welcome. You can choose anything, even the most extravagant! Anything is possible to mix and match - on this day, anything is possible.
- As we need to be carefully protected from evil spirits on this day, an amulet can be a great option. And it's not just a piece of jewellery; it's the perfect gift for him and for her. An amulet can be massive or openwork style. Its main feature is that your loved one can continue to wear it after the holiday. Such a gift can be given to mom, dad, a girlfriend or even prepared for teachers.
- Black and orange jewellery are on trend. You can choose to wear jewellery in this colour, combine it or combine it with something else.
When it comes to the materials used to create Halloween jewellery collections, it's pretty straightforward:
- Black and red coloured gemstones. These can be black diamonds, blood-red rubies and garnets and other semi-precious stones. They look rich and bright, and will harmoniously complement a look in any style.
- The preferred metal is, of course, white. This includes white gold, silver and platinum. This magical, mesmerising shine is ideal in many ways. Massive chains and necklaces in a lightweight silver metal look great. However, there are some outfits where the gold in a classic yellow colour looks great. It's a matter of taste and understanding the overall look.
- A combination of different natural materials. Have you chosen a nun to look at? Pearl earrings in your ears and a wooden crucifix on a rosary in your hand would look cool. Want to take on the vampire look? Try on a pendant with a rich red ruby or garnet and you can wear a spider or bat ring on your finger. Imagine and try on the look. Any kind of experimentation is allowed on this day.
- Enamel on jewellery. You probably know that one of the most striking symbols of the day is the pumpkin. It was used because it completed the harvest and could mark the end of the season and the transition to another season, and because it was quite easy to punch holes in it and put a candle that would not be extinguished by the wind. Today, pumpkin accessories are a must-have holiday attribute. As there is no such bright orange-rich mineral in nature, enamel is often used in jewellery. Cheap pumpkin ornaments look very funny, despite the fierce black eyes and teeth. Pumpkins and spiders tend to accompany witch images. So if you are going to try on such a costume for a holiday, this is your choice.
It's a popular day for giving gifts, and one of the most popular choices is a keychain. The choice is huge and, unlike holiday pendants, the designs range from cute and delicate to heavy and gothic. It all depends on who you want to give the gift to. When choosing, remember the simple rules:
- It is advisable to choose an amulet made of the materials that the future wearer prefers to wear. Especially if you want it to be an everyday amulet.
- Try to keep the style in mind. It's one thing to buy a gift for your loved one to wear on that particular day, but it's quite another to give it with the idea that your loved one wears it all the time.
- Choose versatile items. This is usually a pendant. Womens earrings are often changed depending on the look, rings are not always worn either, necklaces are too dressy for a casual look, and pendants are little things that can be worn every day.
What Halloween presents will please your loved one
There are a lot of choices, but we will list the best options, which are most often ordered by our customers. So, the first group is themed jewelry. These include rings, earrings, bracelets and pendants with holiday symbols that can be worn in everyday life: snakes, skulls (and in a set), spiders, bats, and crosses (in different formats, decorations and sizes). The second class includes jewellery that can be tentatively described as suitable for the day. These include:
- Chains. They come in a variety of weave types, lengths and widths. The materials are varied, but most often still in silver. This can also include chain bracelets and castes.
- Earrings with gemstones (rubies, garnets, black diamonds and other precious stones in rich colours, e.g. emeralds) are made of silver material.
- Cufflinks. Stylish mens jewellery always looks good and makes a great gift. This option is suitable for a boyfriend, husband, dad or grandfather.
The online store FJewellery offers a huge collection of this and other jewellery that you can buy online. We are sure that you will find what you need here. If you need help, just let us know. Our concierge is always on call and ready to help. Happy Halloween and happy shopping!